Today I went for the first time to Gallery 263, an art gallery in Cambridgeport that a friend of mine helped get going and is still affiliated with. The space was small, but really open and very lovely. Tonight was a show opening (complete with delicious cheese and wine -- not that the cheese was first in this list!) for three artists, the art of each having a distinctive personality and yet all relating to a common theme: gooey, gobby, gummy. I must say that I thought the art was much more appetizing than the theme made it out to be :). The 3-D pieces were quite interesting (the most appealing to me being an actual small tree stump with what looked like yarnlike moss growing out of it from all angles), and yet some of my other favorites were paintings which, while still technically three-dimensional, somehow looked even more so from the sprinklings of metal elements dusted about them. At any rate, this is a gallery I hope to come to more often.After the opening, a few of us went back to a friend's place and I had the rare chance to play a (good) electric keyboard for a little while, accompanied by guitar and sing-along, with some trading off (there were also at least three other instruments in the mix on and off: a banjo, a mini-accordian, and perhaps a ukelele?). This was followed by the usual Thursday-night karaoke, which I'll describe some other week.