Thursday, April 12, 2012

Day 10: Live-Band Karaoke



Picture compliments of an un-named source (who also supplied the nifty green-framed picture of my bike.)

Basically, the point of this post is to say: I am lucky enough to be living in a spot where there is live karaoke band action every Thursday night right across the street from me. And so, clearly, ever since I found out about this a couple of months ago, I have been going basically every Thursday night. So much so that the band (B11) knows me and my friends at least by face, and likely by name.

Tonight, I met a friend after work (and after her forever-long lab meeting) at a recently-opened restaurant (Japanese tapas -- who'd-a thunk?) and we had some food and drink pre-karaoke at Moksa, which is just down the street from both karaoke and my house. Then we made our way down to the Asgard where several others joined us for some merriment (because honestly, who doesn't love merriment?). I managed to get two songs in-- first I chose a Beatles song (mostly because "Oh! Darlin'" went down so well last week) and some Nancy Sinatra ("These Boots Are Made For Walkin'").

Tomorrow is this month's Calliope karaoke. Let's see if that rocks even harder!