This last trip to Indiana, I brought a little bit of it back with me to Cambridge. That little bit being in the form of fresh sweet corn from my dad's garden (delicious). I got back in town around 4 or 5pm, and headed over to D's soon after -- he was to host a dinner party for a friend who was coming in front out of town (another soul displaced from Cambridge to the West, though in her case, Seattle). Anyhow, he incorporated the bit of Indiana into the stir-fry concoction (which was delicious), and created the above fruit salad, all locally grown and foraged from area trees the fruits of which would otherwise have been forgotten. (None were forgotten by us!)
The evening ended with a nice group of friends singing at with our favorite LBK B, B11. Note the spooning action going on in the above fruit picture, by the way. I think today can be considered the day that the emotional aspect of all of this saying good-bye to things started to hit me, as I am getting emotional thinking about the tenderness of the spoons, symbolizing all of us sharing the bowl of fruit [someone snap me out of this!].
